WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies any individual, such as name, date of birth and email address, and any other information that is required by applicable law to be treated as “personal information”. When browsing through the Platform, you can do so by being a registered member ("Member").
Upon your first use of the Platform as a Member, you will be prompted to provide information to create your account and profile linked to your account. This information may be, but is not limited to your name, email address, physical address as well as any other information necessary to provide you with the Services and that is required by applicable law to be treated as "personal information". Whenever you browse the Platform, we collect data about all your interactions with the Services and other Users, including Users uploading content on the Platform. This information may be associated with your account and profile, IP address or device ID for the purpose of providing you with the Services and improving your experience. When you purchase a membership, we might collect information about such purchase and your payment method, and we keep information on your purchase history. The information is mostly used to support your interaction with the Platform as well as to prevent fraud.
WHY WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting and using your personal information is to create your account, provide the Services to you, improve our Services, contact you, conduct research and generate reports for internal use. This information we collect is necessary to provide you with the Platform, and we do not collect any information which is not strictly required by the nature of the Platform. Also, MCM may sometimes collect personal information that you willingly provide us, for instance when you contact us, inform us of any request, or inform us of any problem regarding the Platform. Furthermore, MCM may also collect certain data regarding your use of the Platform, such as the features used, or the sections navigated, or any other data to identify the operating system of the device that you are using. This data cannot be used to identify you personally. The information is collected and used notably for the following reasons:
- to create your account and profile;
- to send related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to ensure proper functioning of the Platform;
- to address any problems which are brought to our attention;
- to evaluate and improve the content and features of the Platform;
- to respond to feedback and questions and provide customer support;
- to tailor your experience with the Platform;
- to prevent fraud;
- to enhance the experience and enjoyment using our Services; and
- to contact you about your experience with the Platform and notify you about company news and promotions.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION STORED AND COMMUNICATED
MCM keeps your information for a period it deems reasonable either to fulfill identified purposes, such to ensure proper functioning of the Platform, or in accordance with the law, whichever time frame is longer. Once your information is no longer required to be kept, we ensure it remains anonymous or destroy it in a way which ensures protection against unauthorized access or communication. We never disclose your personal information to anyone outside of MCM without your consent, except for the following:
- our providers whose services have been retained to carry out duties on our behalf (e.g. data processing or storage). MCM takes the necessary means to ensure that these third-party providers process your information for the sole purpose identified by MCM;
- MCM may engage other companies and individuals to perform services. Such services may include analyzing data. These service providers may have access to personal information in connection with the performance of their services for MCM;
- MCM may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of assets, change of control, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of its business to another company;
- MCM may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties;
- any public authority if the law so requires, to defend our rights, prevent fraud, or otherwise in compliance with the law. In the event where MCM is required to divulge information or to provide a copy of such information to a governmental authority under law or pursuant to a court order, MCM will attempt to notify you beforehand, to the extent, however, that it is legally authorized to do so.
MCM may send you notifications through the Platform to send you updates, or other Services related notifications. You can edit and modify your settings at any time through the Platform, including your profile picture and general preferences, as well as your notification preferences. Furthermore, you understand that, as a Member using the Platform, you may be publicly identified by the alias you are using through the Platform, and all the content posted by you will be visible to other Users. Thus, you are the one controlling the information displayed or posted on your account or profile, and the information you share through the Platform in general, and you are solely and fully responsible for any consequences arising out of such displayed or posted information.
HYPERLINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
We will do our best to treat your request promptly. Please note that we may sometimes deny your request under relevant laws.